Why Choose Soy Candles?
1. Natural - As the name suggests, soy wax is made from the Soybean which means that it is 100% natural, 100% renewable, 100% environmentally friendly and grown in many regions by local farmers. By contrast paraffin wax is a bi-product of the refinery process for petroleum oil therefore non-renewable and non-environmentally friendly.
2. Longer Burning - Soy wax has a lower melting point which means it burns up to 50% longer than paraffin wax candles.
3. Non-Toxic - As soy wax is made from vegetable oil it is clean burning and releases no known carcinogens when it is burnt.
4. Better Fragrance - Due to the lower melting temperature of the wax, a healthier ‘wax pool’ around the wick is created. This ‘wax pool’ allows the fragrance oils to more easily vaporise, and thus releasing more fragrance into the home. Of course it also depends on the type of a candle. For example spicy, woodsy scents are heavier than florals therefore floral scents will throw more subtle scent.
5. Renewable Resource - Soybeans are an environmentally friendly, sustainable and a renewable resource
6. Easier to clean - Spills of soy wax is much easier to get out of fabrics or table cloths as it is biodegradable, with a simple wipe and its gone.
7. Clean burning - Soy burns clean which means minimal soot is released.